R.I.P. Devin Storz

Tonight my meaningful post hits close to home.

My neighbor was crushed to death by a huge pine tree falling on his house, this stormy, windy, winter morning. He was the sweetest boy in the neighborhood. Seriously.

Devin was the first kid I met "on the mountain", late one night in 2002, walking across the baseball diamond at Lampkin Park, in Pine Mountain. Low temps in the 20's, plus some snow on the ground - and 2 teens needed some help, a ride up the hill. Rural youth, always hitch hiking back and forth between Pine Mountain and Crazier Park.

Years later, Devin showed up to a party or two. Then he installed my bitchin baseboards in my purple shag, hippy love den. His dad and him worked for a week one summer, helping me with home improvements. This past weekend I thought about you, as I finally painted over the penciled in guide marks you drew on my walls.

Devin you are in our thoughts tonight.

About 12 hours ago, you may have heard the strong wind in your dreams - and then the earth took you from us. You were kind, you were fun, always (Straight Edge or not). You were great dude.

You are much loved and you will be misssed, terribly!



Donations to the family can be given thru Paypal, giftfordevin@hotmail.com